Last Updated: Monday, April 22, 2019
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information we Process on behalf of our Customers: Company analyzes fact situations in order to provide our customers with superior products and services. In the course of providing these products or services, we may obtain personal information about our customer or our customers’ clients. We require our customers to ensure that they have obtained all authority to provide personal information to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws. We do not collect or use such personal information for any purpose other than to provide product or services to our customers and improve the way we provide those products or services.
In the case of our Website, Company may collect and use the following information:
- Sign in or Sign up: When you sign in to access our Website or sign up to attend an event hosted by us or our designates or sign up for our mailing list (including by “joining the movement”), you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, date of birth or age, email address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help manage your profile. We may retain this information and use it to contact you, inform you about our products and services or events, ensure and demonstrate compliance with law, and assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Purchase a Product or Service: When you purchase a product or service through our Website, you may be asked to provide us with information relevant to your purchase such as your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information. We may retain this information and use it to provide you with the product or service, charge you for the product or service or otherwise administer our relationship with you in respect of the purchase of the product or service, ensure and demonstrate compliance with law, and assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information and use it to respond to you, ensure and demonstrate compliance with law, and assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
- Submit a Job Application: If you apply for a job at our company, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We may retain and use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Advertising and Analytics Partners: We may partner with third party advertising services to present you with advertising on third party websites based on your previous interaction with our Website or the fact that you signed up for our mailing list. The techniques our partners employ will not collect information such as your name, email address, phone number or other similar information, but the information collected will allow them to better target advertisements and may be identifiable information (e.g., information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including our Website, may allow the to develop a profile about you (such as your gender, age and interests) that, if combined with other information could allow you to be identified). We won’t use this information to attempt to identify you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a matter of practice, Company does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer our customers’ clients’ personal information, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Third Party Arrangements: In connection with our Website or other services we provide to our customers, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf, help improve our products and services, or provide additional third party products or services. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our Website, ship products, host application or deliver services, and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Jurisdictions: Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the, European Union (including the UK, whether or not it remains a part of the European Union), US and Canada. For more information about the way in which our service providers treat personal information, contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below. It is possible that your personal information may be accessed from other jurisdictions (e.g., in connection with technical support for an application provided or hosted by a third party).
- Sale of Business: Company may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Company or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control. We may also disclose that information in connection with diligence or other preparatory work related to the sale transaction.
- Legal: Company and our Canadian, US and other service providers and affiliates may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order (which may include lawful access by Canadian, US or other foreign governmental authorities, courts or law enforcement agencies), to other organizations in the case of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law. Where a disclosure of our customers’ information is required by applicable law, we promptly notify our customer prior to complying with such requirements (to the extent we are not prohibited from doing so) and fully co-operate with our customer’s instructions with respect to our response.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
Visiting our Website: We collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our user’s experience with the Website, understand where traffic is coming from, and to monitor and improve our Websites.
Tracking: We may use web beacons, web bugs, tracking pixels or other methods to track your use of the Website. These tracking methods allow us to understand information about your browsing session. We use the information collected by these methods to help us understand our user’s experience with the Website, understand where traffic is coming from, and to monitor and improve our Websites.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand that data security is a critical issue for our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the personal information in our custody and under our control. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update personal information we have collected on behalf of a particular customer, we will use reasonable efforts to direct that individual to the relevant customer. We will assist our customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit personal information via our Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information, you may request access, updating or correction of your personal information by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer (see “Contact Us” below). We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity.
Please contact us at the address set out below if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
178R Ossington Avenue, Toronto ON M6J 2Z7